One of my husband’s favorite places to eat is Red Lobster, and we just do not make it there often at all. We usually go there on his birthday but aside from that it’s rare that we eat there. One of our favorite items there are the Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
When I first started this cooking blog, I found this recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits on All Recipes. I was absolutely amazed when I made them and they tasted nearly identical to the biscuits at Red Lobster, plus I had all of the ingredients in my pantry!
I have this recipe linked up on one of my first post, but I thought it deserved it’s own post and a much better picture.
While I was taking this picture, I had a taste tester nearby, who would not leave them alone.
After he ate a little bit, he thought he would share with our dog, May. I started wondering if I would have any biscuits left between him and my dog, luckily this recipe makes a lot. Of course, I could eat all of them myself!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 4 cups baking mix
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375*. Then, spray a cookie sheet with non stick baking spray. I typically use Bake Easy.
- Combine the biscuit ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing well until the dough is formed.
- I use a large spoon and drop by tablespoonfuls onto the greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- These will bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While these are baking combine the ingredients for the glaze. The original recipes calls for 1/2 cup melted butter, but I typically cut this in half to cut back on some of the calories.
- When the biscuits are out of the oven immediately drizzle the glaze onto them. I use about 1/8 tsp of the glaze. If you would like to use more do so, but for me a little goes a long way.
- These make about 2 dozen.