As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a perfect Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie that is gluten-free too with the best fall ingredients.
These Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies are full of flavor and made even more perfect with a nice caramel drizzle on top. They also happen to be easy to make gluten-free with gluten-free oats and flour.
We love cookies in the fall, and I have been on an oatmeal kick so we’ve been enjoying oatmeal in a lot of our recipes lately. One of those being cookies of course. I’ve found my picky eater likes oatmeal when it’s baked in some form, so that is opening me up to many new ideas that he’ll actually eat!
How do you make Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies gluten-free?
It’s simply switching ingredients and of course assuming that you are okay with oats, which tends to be controversial in the gluten-free community. It’s best to use certified gluten-free oats as well to be sure that no cross-contamination occurs.
Tips for making Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies:
These are soft because of the applesauce that is used in them; however, that applesauce also gives them a wonderful apple flavor.
They also last about 3-4 days too in an airtight, sealed container. The caramel will harden up some and be more chewy, similar to an actual caramel apple.
These Kraft Caramel Bits work the best for this recipe, plus they are easy to melt too.
How do you melt Kraft Caramel Bits?
For this recipe, I melted about 1/2 cup in a glass bowl in the microwave, heating up 30 seconds at a time. It took about 1 1/2 minutes and it’s best to check it after each 30-second interval and stir it.
Are you ready for some tasty cookies? Enjoy these Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies this fall!
If you like these, be sure to check out these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies too.
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Cup Chopped and Peeled Granny Smith Apple (About 2 Small Apples)
- 3 Cups Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Bits & Additional for Melting
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, begin adding in each ingredient in order until the batter is fully-formed.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place about a tablespoon full of batter an inch apart. This should make at least 24 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until nicely golden on top.
- Remember these will be soft cookies.
- Carefully remove and let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- While they are cooling, melt the caramel, about 1 cup, in a glass bowl in the microwave. Heat it on 30-second intervals, stirring each time until it's melted enough to drizzle on top of each cookie.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to fully cool.
These are soft cookies, they will be golden on top and similar to baked oatmeal inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 151mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g