Sore to new heights with these Captain America Monster Cookies!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeroesEatMMs #CollectiveBias
Did you know I live with Captain America? It’s true, I do. My son has a second life as Captain America. He can frequently be found in his Captain America outfit and when he is in this outfit, he always reminds me that his name is no longer ‘Dakota’, he will say ‘Mom, call me Cap.’ Yep, well this mommy made Cap’s day when she made a big batch of Captain America Monster Cookies along with a new Avengers DVD after his first week at school.
That’s right just give me a gold star for mommy of the year, of course he won’t remember this later…he’ll remind me of that one time I forgot to make his lunch or that I was late picking him up. On those days, I’ll remind him that one time that mommy made a big batch of Captain America Cookies!
Did you know that on September 9th the new Captain America: The Winter Solider will be released? When you buy the movie you’ll get $5 off if you pair it with a bag of M&Ms too! What does this mean? You’ll be eating a batch of Captain America Monster Cookies too!
Now although I made these cookies for my son, I did give him the task of picking out all the blue and red M&Ms. I’ll just put that down as a sorting activity and call it good, right? Then, he spent some time with me in the kitchen making the Monster Cookies to go along with his movie. He did point out though that I should have put stars on the cookies, I didn’t have any icing to do that with so he suggested we use ranch. Umm…no thanks, son.
Are you ready for a movie night? Make it an Avengers night and whip up a batch of cookies, you won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to stay tuned to the HeroesEatMMS.com website that will be coming soon with special coupons, games, and a contest to win one of ten Walmart gift cards!
Head to Walmart to pick up all your supplies and get to baking! Be sure to print a coupon too!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Captain America Monster Cookies
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Stick of Butter Melted
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats or Certified Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 Cups Red & Blue M&Ms
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Bits
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a stand mixer combine the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Then, add in the peanut butter, butter, baking soda, and oats. Fold in the M&Ms, Caramel Bits, and Chocolate Chips.
- Spray a cookie sheet or line it with parchment and drop the batter by the tablespoonful about 2 inches apart.
- These will bake for 8-10 minutes then let cool for about 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- They can be stored in the freezer in freezer safe storage.