BLT Pasta Salad is a go-to for dinner!
Pasta is my first love. That’s basically a given. I absolutely love pasta! As I was flipping through a recent issue of Cooking Light, I landed on this recipe for BLT Pasta Salad. It wasn’t even a minute before I had this on our menu for the week.
The best part for me was that I had most of the ingredients in my pantry. That’s a win! That meant I could whip it up without spending a fortune on a meal although this is definitely a frugal meal.
I adapted it just a bit from the original and baked the bacon in the oven as opposed to in the skillet. Then, instead of cooking the remaining ingredients in the grease, I simply used olive oil. That likely saved me a few calories too.
If you are in need of a quick and easy meal, this is certainly it, plus it’s super tasty!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 8 Oz Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Bacon Slices Cooked
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups of Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Italian Shredded Cheese
- Prepare the noodles as instructed on the box then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil then add in the bacon, grape tomatoes, salt, and spinach.
- Let this simmer until the tomatoes are tender and the spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with the black pepper and cheese.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!