As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
BLT Pasta Salad is a go-to for dinner!
Pasta is my first love. That’s basically a given. I absolutely love pasta! As I was flipping through a recent issue of Cooking Light, I landed on this recipe for BLT Pasta Salad. It wasn’t even a minute before I had this on our menu for the week.
The best part for me was that I had most of the ingredients in my pantry. That’s a win! That meant I could whip it up without spending a fortune on a meal although this is definitely a frugal meal.
I adapted it just a bit from the original and baked the bacon in the oven as opposed to in the skillet. Then, instead of cooking the remaining ingredients in the grease, I simply used olive oil. That likely saved me a few calories too.
If you are in need of a quick and easy meal, this is certainly it, plus it’s super tasty!
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 8 Oz Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Bacon Slices, Cooked
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups of Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Italian Shredded Cheese
- Prepare the noodles as instructed on the box then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil then add in the bacon, grape tomatoes, salt, and spinach.
- Let this simmer until the tomatoes are tender and the spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with the black pepper and cheese.