I had this idea for a new meal for my family after I made the Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Corn Salsa. Essentially it’s nearly identical; however, this time we turned them into burritos.
As I have said in the past, making Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is one of my favorites because it makes so much that I am able to freeze the chicken and use it later. This is the perfect way to reuse the chicken.
Easy right? I told you, it’s simple. This recipe utilizes leftovers and allows for you to have a new meal prepared in seconds.
Remember those coupons to make these a budget friendly meal!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
BBQ Shredded Chicken Burritos
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Corn Salsa
- Flour Tortillas
- Grated Mexican Style Cheese Optional
- Corn Salsa:
- 2 cups frozen corn cooked and thawed
- 1 14.5- oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15- oz. can black beans drained
- ¼ cup fresh-cut cilantro
- Fresh lime
- Combine all ingredients together and toss.
- Cook the chicken as directed on the recipe as well as the corn salsa. Once both are prepared put some of the chicken and corn salsa on the tortilla and serve. If adding cheese add it on top before folding up the tortilla. These can be served hot or cold depending on your preference, I prefer mine to be warmed before serving.
- Note: When making the BBQ Chicken, you can also simply use the 3 chicken breast and top with homemade BBQ sauce.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!