What do you do when you have a lot of Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken leftover? Well, you make these BBQ Chicken Potato Skins of course!
Did you all have a great Memorial Day? We are spending ours at the beach, honestly does it get any better? I would be perfectly happy to just pick up shop and move here. My job is mobile and my husband is a truck driver and surely he could get a job pretty quickly. Dreaming…lots of dreaming happening while my toes are in the sand.
In the meantime, this recipe is perfect if you have leftover chicken from Memorial Day. I like to make these with my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken recipe; however, you can use your grilled chicken and just shred it up and add BBQ sauce. It will work just as well.
We love potato skins, so I decided to grill some up then I topped each one with the BBQ Chicken. These are perfect for an appetizer; however, I was pretty full after a couple of them so I guess they ended up being my full meal. We like to dip ours in ranch dressing, but they are great as is too.
I’m loving taking all our cooking outside on the grill right now. Of course the beach and vacation is high on my list of summer favorites but so is grilling. There are so many foods that are perfect for grilling. Have you tried grilled potato skins? What did you think? They are a win in our household!
Now, what should I top our potato skins with next? Brisket? I think so! Oh and just in time for the 4th of July, the next big grilling occasion this summer.
Now, let me get back to my sandy beach to soak up some more sun.
Enjoy your week!
BBQ Chicken Potato Skins
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Cups Prepared BBQ Chicken
- Toppings: Sour Cream Chives, Chives, Bacon, Etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Poke the potato with a fork a few places around it. Then, place on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the potato is soft.
- Once cooled, cut lengthwise in half, then scoop out the inside leaving the outer shell with just a bit of the potato flesh.
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic salt, then brush on the skins.
- Place on the grill on medium-high heat skin side down for about 5-10 minutes until crispy.
- Top with chicken and desired toppings.