As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This Easy Baked Apple Chicken is the perfect cozy comfort meal with a lighter twist.
Easy Baked Apple Chicken is a wonderful, light comfort meal.
It gives the chicken a new flavor profile that will send your taste buds craving more. This is perfect for a weeknight meal.
I mentioned before that I am really getting into make dinners all in one dish.
Tips for making Baked Apple Chicken
I basically adapted this to use a pound of chicken tenders instead of pork.
I am finding that my kids are not necessarily big fans of pork chops, so I decided to do chicken tenders instead.
The chicken was full of flavor and perfect with dipping sauce too. We are all about dipping sauce with chicken, so this made a great kid-friendly dish.
It’s vital for us to have these quick, easy meals during this time of year.
We are full force into basketball season which means lots of busy evenings paired with our daughter’s activities too and it’s a double whammy!
I enjoy this meal because I can get it ready to put in the oven and have it baking while helping my son with his homework too.
What do you need for Baked Apple Chicken?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders
- Red Apples
- Sweet Onion
- Chicken Broth
- Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
It makes for an easy way to multitask too and still get dinner done.
I also love that it’s the perfect serving size using the chicken tenders.
They are perfect for a family with small kids too and adults too! These just remind me of fall and all the flavors pair wonderfully together.
What is it about kids and chicken tenders? If I use those over other cuts of chicken, my kids are instantly interested in eating it.
If I use something else immediately they turn their nose up! Of course, now I also have two picky eaters instead of one.
I had hope my daughter wouldn’t be as picky as my son, but I’m finding he is trying more now and she is the more picky one.
It’s interesting to see how that changed over the years.
What should you pair with Baked Apple Chicken?
I served this family style, which my kids loved.
This is exceptionally good served alongside Cider Glazed Carrots. The flavors compliment each other in such a wonderful way.
Are you ready for this wonderful dish?
Baked Apple Chicken
- 1 Lb Boneless Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Red Apples, Cored, Sliced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, place the butter in the skillet and warm up to medium-high heat.
- Sear the tenders on both sides for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the chicken tenders in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in the apples and onion around the chicken, then top with the thyme.
- Combine the broth, vinegar, and oil. Drizzle over the chicken.
- Add salt/pepper to your preference.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is done at 165*.