As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time to sweeten your kitchen with this delicious Apple Pumpkin Bread!
Fall is in the air and so is fall baking, my absolute favorite time of the year. This past weekend, I was able to spend some time in the kitchen making a variety of fall favorites including this Apple Pumpkin Bread.
Pumpkin Bread is a staple in the fall around our home; however, as each year passes I love to mix it up just a bit and add different ingredients. This particular time, I decided to swap out the oil for applesauce.
How do you swap oil for applesauce?
Let that sink in for a minute! That is such a huge difference, I should have been swapping out the oil years ago. My mom always swapped out the oil for applesauce in just about everything when we were kids and I may soon be following her example.
That’s so many unnecessary calories and you still get that same great taste and flavor!
It’s the perfect better-for-you ingredients that adds flavor and moisture but also helps you cut back on the not so great things such as calories, fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
All those bad things that I am watching closely these days! I love the way this Apple Pumpkin Bread turns out with this simple swap.
It is much more moist than using oil, so do remember that it will be a bit more sticky; however, the taste is absolutely scrumptious!
I was able to divide the batter up into 10 mini loaf pans to make 10 individual loaves of Apple Pumpkin Bread. I love to tie a little decorative string around them and share with family and friends.
It’s a great way to say HAPPY FALL, which just happens to be the best time of the year. I’m just saying…it is!
We ended up spending the day in the kitchen finishing up so many tasty recipes, then ended our day sitting by the fire with a delicious Apple Pumpkin Bread to enjoy too.
I also happen to love it in the mornings with my coffee, it just starts my day off right.
Have you tried this simple swap?
- 1 Cup of Mott’s® Original Applesauce
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order except the powdered sugar. Mix well until the dough forms.
- Spray each mini loaf pan with non-stick baking spray, it should make 10.
- This will bake in the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour or until the bread takes shape, poke it with a toothpick in the deepest part to ensure no dough comes out and it's fully cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, tie a little decorative string around it as well to give to a friend or family member.