As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lysol®, Finish®, Woolite®, and Air Wick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s time to open up the windows and let the spring air in, plus it’s time to do some spring cleaning. I’m sharing these 5 Spring Cleaning Tips in partnership with Reckitt Benckiser.
Here in Oklahoma, the weather has been perfect for spring cleaning. My husband and I have spent most of the weekend cleaning up around our yard and flower beds. We are also in the process of planting our garden as well. That means our weekends have been basically booked with outdoor work. We have spent the weekdays working on indoor spring cleaning, which thankfully we have stocks up on a few Lysol products to help us get started.
Right now, you can grab the cartwheel offer from Target to get all your spring cleaning products. I stocked up on Lysol products with the Buy 3 Lysol Items, Get 1 Free, plus combined it with the 5% off any Lysol Cleaning Items. I also picked up a few Air Wick Freshmatic items, Finish, & Woolite products too. They also have a great deal going on now too that you can find here. Of course, I also found this adorable storage tin for my cleaning products too at Target. I always find the best extras at Target.
I decided to pick up the Lysol Wipes that kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria.* I figured since we are getting over cold & flu season, we probably need it. Then, I also grabbed the Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner for 10x Cleaning Power* which removes the toughest stains in mere seconds. Plus, the Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner also gets those pesky rings around the toilet too! We just finished remodeling our upstairs bathroom and cleaning that toilet before was quite a chore, but now it’s a breeze. I keep this on hand in that bathroom because it’s the kids’ bathroom, so we all know that means extra cleaning happens in that bathroom. Lysol is perfect for all of our cleaning needs. (*when used as directed)
My husband and I both do a divide and conquer technique. In our home it isn’t really a ‘your job or my job’ situation, it’s more of and if you live here, then you will help clean motto. The entire family has responsibilities each day to help keep the house clean so that we don’t have to spend hours cleaning. We like to do a little each day or simply as we go to avoid spending a full day cleaning. My husband almost always does the bathroom, he just has more patience with scrubbing showers and toilets than I do. So, I sent him off with his basket of Lysol products and he was ready to go to work cleaning our toilets while I did the floors and other areas. Do you have a specific routine for cleaning your home? I’m going to share 5 Spring Cleaning Tips to help you get on the right track to spring cleaning.
5 Spring Cleaning Tips
- Stock Up on Supplies – This is of course important, get all your supplies ready to go and organized in a cleaning bucket or carrier. They can even be divided among who does each task by using multiple buckets.
- Choose Your Schedule – What fits your schedule? Do you want to do a little bit each day or just one full day of cleaning? Fit in what works best for your schedule, or block out a specific time for cleaning.
- Remember the Hidden Spots – Remember during spring cleaning to clean out those window sills if you plan to open them up, they will be full of dirt most likely from being shut all spring season. It’s also a good idea to do the fans as well since you may be using them more throughout the warmer months. This also means lifting up that couch, you never know what items have mysteriously found their way back there.
- Freshen Up – When you are finished be sure to add a fresh scent to the room, this is likely my favorite part of cleaning when it just smells clean and fresh.
- Clean Now, Less Later – Remember to use a Lysol Click Gel when you are done for the toilets, this way you don’t have to keep cleaning those. The Click Gel will work after each flush.
These are just a few things that my husband and I do. What would you add to the list?
Share it with us! Now, head on over to get your Cartwheel now!