As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
We are closing in on the big 4th of July weekend that typically means cookouts are in full force. These Stuffed Cheeseburgers need to be on your menu!
It’s 4th of July weekend and we know that hamburgers are going to be the star of the cookout, right? Of course, maybe you serve something else but for much of the country it’s all about the burgers and dogs. I have a new favorite way to eat a burger lately, Stuffed Cheeseburgers. These are basic hamburgers stuffed with shredded cheese.
As soon as you take that first bite you will get a burst of cheesy goodness. Of course, you could always top it with cheese too but I opted out of that. We also like to add peppers to the middle too sometimes, that’s a good surprise for guests. I decided to make these with 2 pounds of ground beef. I’ve also found that with burgers, getting a more fatty ground beef works better.
I have a tendency to always pick the leanest beef, but the grease really helps these to stay closed together. I also added an egg to the mix too and mixed the meat up. Once I had the meat mixed up, I placed a small portion of ground beef out then made a little hole in the middle, think of it like a little pool to add your cheese in. Then, top it with an equal amount of ground beef and seal it up.
I continued this for all of the ground beef, I made 6 burgers using 2 lbs of ground beef. Once I had those done it was time to grill them up.
These may have been the best burgers I have grilled lately, they were SO good and the cheese…oh the cheese just made me happy.
Are you ready to celebrate this weekend? Kick those burgers up a notice with these Stuffed Cheeseburgers!
Happy 4th of July!
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Burger Toppings, Buns, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickles, Ketchup, Mustard
- Warm the grill up to medium-high heat.
- Combine the ground beef and egg.
- Take a small portion of the beef to form the bottom of the patty, create a little pool in the middle with your finger to add the cheese to.
- Once you have a small portion of cheese in the center, add more ground beef to the top and mold it with your hands to form the burger.
- Set aside and continue, this makes about 6 patties.
- Cook on the grill on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes on each side or until your desired doneness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 51g