We are just about a week from Halloween and these Spooky Sugar Cookies & Halloween Recipes will be a hit for your parties!
It’s not secret around our house, we have a favorite sugar cookie recipe. This recipe was passed on from my great great aunt’s cookbook collection. It’s a delicious Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie that is soft and buttery. I love it because I think it taste great made gluten-free too with a swap of flours. Of course, my husband reminded me the other day that I haven’t tasted a ‘real’ cookie in 5 years, so I can’t tell a difference anymore.
You know what? He’s right! I can’t tell a difference, I’m so used to gluten-free now, it doesn’t phase me at all. These cookies though are good either way, maybe they do taste a little different with the gluten-free version but it won’t stop you with eating the entire batch!
We make these every season, this time I decided to dip each one in Candy Melts and then add eyeballs to make fun like Spooky Sugar Cookies. My kids were so excited about these. This is such a great activity to do with the kids, because they truly do not need to be perfect. They will look fun regardless of where the eyeballs are placed or how many sprinkles are poured on top. My kids tend to get carried away with the sprinkles! They may take after me on that one.
I’m teaming up today to share these tasty cookies along with many other recipes from my blogger friends! These recipes are sure to impress your friends and family. I’m already planning to make a few to add to lunches during the month of October. I love adding little treats to lunches or after school too, it’s always a nice way to say ‘I love you’ to the kids, plus an easy one!
12 Halloween Party Treats:
Mini Monster Rolls from Play Party Plan
Pumpkin Patch Brownies from Mom Endeavors
Pumpkin Marshmallow Popcorn Balls from See Vanessa Craft
Fall Pretzel Candy from A Night Owl Blog
Candy Corn Cracker Toffee from Spaceships and Laserbeams
Halloween Snack Mix from Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons
Candy “Bloody” Slides from Ashlee Marie
Spooky Sugar Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
Mummy Rice Krispy Treats from Two Twenty One
Spiderweb Cookie Pizzas from Happiness is Homemade
Mummy Pizza Bites from Printable Crush
Halloween Drink from The Idea Room
Spooky Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Orange White, and Black Wilton Candy Melts
- Candy Eyeballs and Sprinkles
- Begin by creaming the butter, adding in the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the Oven to 350*.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoon size rolled balls of dough on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, press them down a bit so they are no longer in a ball. (They will not expand much, so base this on the size you want them to be.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove from oven and let cool before moving to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Once cooled prepare the candy melts as instructed on the package.
- Dip cooled cookie in the melted candy, then add the eyeballs and sprinkles.
- Continue with all cookies and place them on a sheet of parchment paper to harden.