Get ready for a delicious dinner with these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers.
I mentioned before that my slow cooker has been my go-to! Now, of course there is the Instant Pot too. I’ve heard so many good things about it and I’ve got a few recipes with it already on my site, but I haven’t really used it as much as I thought I would? Maybe because I am so used to my slow cooker. What are your thoughts on the Instant Pot, what are some things you make in it?
In the meantime, these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers were fabulous. Now, I will say that they do tend to fall apart when you remove them because the pepper itself is so soft, but it was more like a hash that way, which I enjoyed. We also had enough of the stuffing from the peppers that we used them a few days later on tortillas to make quesadillas with them. We got a few meals out of these, which was really nice!
I decided to add the beef uncooked, but I know that’s a touchy subject for some people, so if you prefer just cook it first. It really did fine though since I used a lean beef, I just mixed it all together and stuffed the peppers, then let it cook all day long. The beef was nice and brown and there was really very little grease if any because it was lean beef. If you are using a more greasy beef, then I’d suggest cooking it first so your peppers aren’t greasy.
This also fills the house with a delicious smell too! When you work from home you get to smell it all day long, I was ready for dinner by the time dinner came around.
Now, are you ready for a bite? Time for some Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers!
Pin it for later –
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef Uncooked
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Uncooked Rice
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or line it.
- Slice the top off the peppers and clean out, keep the top.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the beef, seasoning, rice, onion, and black beans.
- Mix well and then stuff each pepper.
- Add the peppers to the slow cooker and then put the top of the pepper back on.
- Add about 1/4 cup water, just to cover the bottom of the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove and add cheese, if warm it should melt quickly.