Get ready for a tasty treat with this Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Cake!
The holidays bring out the baking magic, right? The only time of the year where I feel like I am eating, sleeping, and dreaming about baking is this time of year!
One thing I love to make during the holiday season are cakes, lots of cakes. No, I am not a cake decorator so I stick to more of the coffee cake style of cakes.
Recently, I remembered a recipe on my blog for Mocha Cupcakes then thought those would be delicious made into a bundt cake with Peppermint chunks and icing.
I mean Peppermint Mocha is one of my favorite drinks right now, so I may as well enjoy a slice of Peppermint Mocha Cake too, right?
Do you use brewed coffee in Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Cake?
The main feature of this cake is the coffee that is in it. I love using brewed coffee in recipes, which is exactly what I did in this cake.
This cake can be used as a dessert or an appetizer such as a coffee cake alongside a cup of coffee.
How do you make Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Cake?
This cake is simple to make, if you want to do it gluten free, simply use a gluten free chocolate cake mix.
That’s it, just a quick switch of cake mix and it can be done gluten free. If that is not a need for you, simply use regular chocolate cake mix.
Peppermint Mocha Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix or Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Brewed Gevaila Coffee French Roast
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Remaining Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven according to the cake mix instructions for a bundt cake.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, oil, coffee, water, and eggs. Mix well.
- Fold in the peppermint chips.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick in the deepest part of the cake it comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, in a small sauce pan, melt the remaining peppermint chips.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, drizzle it with the melted peppermint and sprinkle with powdered sugar.