As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a delicious Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole in just 15 minutes!
Anyone else trying this low-carb diet? I’m not really on a diet but I am trying really hard to eat fewer carbs, I know that’s probably 100% of the issue I’m having with losing weight.
What can I say? This girl loves her carbs. Apparently though once you age over 30…they don’t love you as much as you love them. It’s like a terrible break-up.
If you want some carbs in your breakfast, be sure to try this Air Fryer Sausage Breakfast Casserole. I love this one and all that potato goodness, but for right now it’s all about the low-carb breakfast casserole.
There are a few things that will help you make this if you are using a Ninja Foodi, but also an Air Fryer too!
What do you need to make Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole?
First off, if you have a Ninja Foodi, you will be using the air crisp function to make this as well as cooking the sausage right in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
If you have an air fryer, you’ll want to use pre-cooked sausage and then you can use your air fryer to do the rest of the work.
In order to make this with my Ninja Foodi, I bought this set of pans for the Ninja Foodi. These pans are perfect for it, I am working on a recipe for Ninja Foodi Pumpkin Bread using the loaf pan in this set too.
You’ll want to use this Multi-Purpose pan that comes in the set. This pan is 8.75 inches, now if you have an Air Fryer, go with a smaller pan most likely.
This 7-inch pan is typically a great size for an Air Fryer; however, be sure to check the size recommended for your air fryer first.
This is the first thing you’ll want to have to make this breakfast casserole, it makes it easy and less mess because it’s all going to be right in the pan.
If you want to shop more accessories for your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, be sure to check out my shop on Amazon.
Tips for making Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi Breakfast Casserole:
The sausage needs to be cooked first, this can be done in the pot of the Ninja Foodi or on the stove. If you pre-cook sausage or use pre-cooked sausage that works just as well too.
It will need to be warmed up though and not frozen, I like to do this in the pot of the Ninja Foodi with the onions and peppers to get those nice and soft.
If you are using a Ninja Foodi, the pan can sit on the rack at a lower level, this way it’s easy to remove it from the Ninja Foodi. If you are using an air fryer, it won’t be as deep in the air fryer as it is with a Ninja Foodi, so it’s simple to remove but it will be HOT…so be sure to use oven mitts!
Do you have to use whole eggs for this recipe?
I have made this many times and both ways! It can be done with 8 whole eggs meaning the yolk and the egg white or you can do half and half too, for instance, use 4 egg whites and 4 whole eggs.
This is the extent of how I make it, I haven’t tried it with all egg whites, but it would likely work that way as well. If you do all egg whites, you may need to add a few more eggs.
What do you need for Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole?
- Ground Sausage
- Green Pepper
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Fennel Seed
- Garlic Salt
Now it’s time to add this to your list of Ninja Foodi Recipes!
- 1 LB Ground Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 1 Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 8 Whole Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- If you are using the Ninja Foodi, use the saute function to brown the sausage in the pot of the foodi. If you are using an air fryer, you can use a skillet to do this.
- Add in the onion and pepper and cook along with the ground sausage until the veggies are soft and the sausage is cooked.
- Using the 8.75 inch pan or the Air Fryer pan, spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the ground sausage mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the cheese and sausage.
- Add fennel seed and garlic salt evenly over the eggs.
- Place the rack in the low position in the Ninja Foodi, and then place the pan on top.
- Set to Air Crisp for 15 minutes at 390 degrees.
- If you are using an air fryer, place the dish directly into the basket of the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Carefully remove and serve.
This can be done in an Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi with slight modifications.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 227mg Sodium: 682mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 15g