I recently made my son Spinach Meatballs as an attempt to get more spinach into his diet. When I made these I ended up with around 14 meatballs.
I decided I would reserve 6 of them to create Meatball Calzone. One of the great things about trying recipes that I have already done is that I am able to make them even better than the first time! The last time I made Meaty Calzone and it was an immediate hit with my family. I took it up a notch this time using our homemade pizza crust.
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 6 Cooked Spinach Meatballs
- 1 Cup Meat Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Start by mixing the olive oil, garlic powder, garlic salt, and oregano in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next roll out the pizza dough onto a greased pizza pan, this needs to be rolled in a circle as if you were making a pizza. Evenly spread the spaghetti sauce on 1/2 of the pizza crust, top with the meatballs, and cheese. Take the end of the pizza crust that does not have toppings and pull this over to meet the other side of the crust, making a semi circle.
- Spread the olive oil mixture over the top of the crust. Lastly, pinch the edges together to seal the toppings inside the crust.
- This will bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned on top.
This pairs great with a side salad and makes for a healthy take on calzone!
This recipe has been linked to Saturday Swap.
Join me on Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesdays!