Make the easiest and best Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Rice in minutes on your stovetop with wholesome ingredients!
One of our absolute favorites to add to a busy week is this Chicken Fried Rice, it’s simple to make gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce! That’s the only swap needed.
If you want to use less oil, then follow the recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Fried Rice.
What sauce do you use for Chicken Fried Rice?
Soy Sauce is what we will use for this recipe.
If you need gluten-free as mentioned above use gluten-free soy sauce.
If you want something with less sodium try Coconut Aminos. Coconut Aminos works great but remember it’s not the same taste as Soy Sauce, similar but not exact.
What type of rice do you use for Chicken Fried Rice?
This recipe will use COOKED and COLD White Rice. Remember again…COOKED and COLD.
This is best used with leftover rice that is in the fridge. It’s a great way to utilize that rice instead of tossing it.
We make this with white rice, but it can be done with brown rice if preferred. It’s best to use long-grain rice or medium too, not too short.
Tips for Making Chicken Fried Rice:
Along with cooked and cold rice, this recipe uses already-cooked chicken. If you need to make some quick, check out this post for Ninja Foodi Chicken.
If you want to use chicken thighs, which is what we like to use, these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs work well in this.
The rest of the dish is going to be vegetables such as onion, carrots, and celery.
The rice is best cooked in a Wok or a Large Nonstick Skillet.
As mentioned above, soy sauce is going to be the sauce used in this chicken fried rice. I suggest starting out with 2 Tablespoons, then adding more to taste at the end. This way it does not get overpowered by the sauce.
The soy sauce will also be what gives it the brown color too.
Enjoy this tasty meal and be sure to pair it with Air Fryer Egg Rolls!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1/2 Cup Cooked and Diced Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onion
- 1 Diced Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Cooked and Cold White Rice Cooked and Cold
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2-4 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce or Regular
- Green Onion to Garnish
- Warm up a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat on the stove, add in the oil, and begin by warming up and simmering the chicken for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the onion, celery, and carrots and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Keeping the heat on medium-high heat, add in the cooked and cold rice.
- Stir in about 2 TBSP of soy sauce or enough to turn the rice to a brown color. Continue simmering and cooking this for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the beaten egg, and let this cook for 1-2 minutes until it's fully cooked and incorporated.
- If you want it darker in color add in the remaining soy sauce or additional to taste preference. Serve with green onion to garnish.
- This dish makes about 4 servings depending on size.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking