Blackened Chicken Alfredo makes for a great dinner!
Blackened chicken Alfredo makes a quick and easy supper the whole year round. You can cook it on the grill or in a skillet – just don’t forget that creamy sauce!
Do you have a particular recipe that reminds you of something? Maybe it takes you back to an event in your life?
How do you make Blackened Chicken Alfredo?
That’s how I feel about blackened chicken Alfredo. I know it sounds weird, but really it takes me back to being a newlywed.
When I first got married, I knew nothing about cooking. Thankfully a co-worker told me how to make this dish – Alfredo chicken is something I love.
I was so anxious to get to the store and get all the ingredients because I could not wait to surprise my husband with this wonderful meal.
It’s easy enough that I – and you – can make it with very little experience in the kitchen.
He was so surprised and excited to see that I was trying to brave this whole new world of cooking. This ended up being a meal that is part of our routine, and it’s still a favorite around here.
Each time I make this pasta, I feel like I go back in time a bit to our first place together, first real ‘married’ days together. It’s kind of fun to look back and see how far we have come now.
How do you make Gluten Free Blackened Chicken Alfredo?
This meal is simple to make, as the ‘blackened‘ part of this chicken is really just a good Cajun seasoning.
Then you can simply grill or sauté the chicken how you like. I always like to serve ours over Alfredo pasta – that creamy sauce goes perfectly with spicy chicken.
I tend to use gluten-free penne pasta when making this; however, you can really use any pasta that you prefer.
My kids like to eat this now without the chicken, while my husband and I still love the spice that chicken adds.
I will typically slice it up and mix it into the pasta so the chicken chunks get covered in creamy Alfredo sauce too.
What should you serve Blackened Chicken Alfredo with?
This meal goes perfectly with a grilled romaine salad or soup too – like zuppa toscana. Of course, a little glass of wine compliments it well too.
Are you ready for dinner tonight? Enjoy this tasty meal with your family!
Gluten Free Blackened Chicken Alfredo
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 12 Oz Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt or to Taste
- Begin by seasoning each chicken breast with the Cajun seasoning. Season each side of the chicken breast and pat or rub it in.
- Place chicken breast on the grill or in a greased skillet keeping it at medium-high heat and cook on both sides for 10 minutes or until well done.
- Set aside while the pasta is cooking.
- Prepare the pasta as instructed per the package.
- While the pasta is draining, add in the cream cheese and milk to the stockpot keeping on low heat.
- Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Return pasta to the stockpot, mixing with the cheese.
- Add in garlic salt to taste.
- Serve chicken over the pasta.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!