As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PalmoliveMultiSurface #CollectiveBias
Learn how to remove grease with these 5 Ways to Remove Grease from Dishes!
Note – Due to Palmolive Multi-Surface not being available now, Dawn Ultra also works just as well.
Do you have a favorite dish in your kitchen? My favorite is my cast iron skillet. That is by far the best skillet that I own. Now, the only problem is I have to wash it by hand not in the dishwasher, plus I have to get a good soap to cut through the grease that builds up on it.
My previous cast iron skillet was well loved until one day I got lazy and decided to stick it in the dishwasher, friends, this is a very bad idea. My husband was not thrilled with that move. He’s the king of the dishes in our home and he’s extremely particular, especially with the cast iron skillets. So, when he saw that I got lazy that day and tossed it in the dishwasher…it was an eye popping moment. Just saying.
So, now I’m on to a new cast iron skillet, and I am doing my best to take care of it because I use it several times a week. Along with using this skillet, I also have a cast iron grill pan that needs to be washed by hand too, plus you know the rest of my kitchen as well.
What I love about this is I can use it on my range too! We recently went back to a gas range from the smooth top electric range and I forgot how much I had to clean the gas range before. Now, I have an all in one soap that can do both the dishes and tackle the range! That allows me to save time in the kitchen to spend with my family.
How do you remove grease from dishes?
Let’s talk a little bit about grease though, it is HARD to get out of dishes but it can be done. I’m going to share a few tips I’ve learned over the years on getting that pesky grease out of your dishes!
5 Ways to Remove Grease from Dishes
- Hot Water & Good Quality Soap – Simply soak the dishes in hot water and soap then add in your own elbow grease to scrub the dishes well.
- Vinegar Spray Bottle – Fill up a spray bottle with vinegar and a little bit of water then spray it directly on the grease. Of course, then add in your own elbow grease again and scrub clean.
- Baking Soda & Water – Mix together baking soda and water, making it into a paste consistency. Scrub it on the pan with a good quality brush and water.
- Scrubbing Pads – Soap filled scrubbing pads work wonders too on build ups. Combine the scrubbing pad with water and possibly additional soap.
- Salt, Vinegar, & Water Mixture – Add a little salt to the water & vinegar mixture for the hard build ups.
These are the 5 Ways that I typically go about removing grease. I also use these to get the grease off around the stove and on the stove itself too.
What are some of your tips? How do you remove the grease?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.