Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey Spaghetti Squash Tumble
Did you know that February is Heart Health Awareness Month? It gives us all a chance to focus on keeping ourselves healthy and our heart in check! One of the primary ways to do that is by maintaining a healthy and well balanced diet.
This month I had the opportunity to try out Boar’s Head certified heart-healthy deli meats Ovengold Roasted Breast of Turkey which is a good for your heart deli meat. Not only is it healthy but it is juicy and delicious! I found this meat at a local fine foods store then came home and made the Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey Spaghetti Squash Tumble.
Let me start by saying that I have not cooked with spaghetti squash before, and I have no idea why! I absolutely loved it. It will definitely be going in our garden this year!
Now on to that lovely turkey! I really have not tasted deli style turkey that was so tender and juicy. It was delicious and I could hardly stay out of it to prepare dinner, good thing I bought double what I needed!
Once the spaghetti squash was steamed, it was simple from there you warm up some olive oil along with garlic, parsley, and basil.
Next you add in the remaining ingredients and toss it to coat in the oil mixture.
Serve with a little bit of cheese and you are all set to this good for your heart dish!
This is a very simple recipe that starts with steaming the spaghetti squash. While the spaghetti squash was steaming I prepped all my ingredients.
Turkey Spaghetti Squash Tumble
- 1 sm. Spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lrg. Garlic clove , crushed
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil , chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley , chopped
- ¼ cup Peas, frozen , defrosted and drained
- ¼ cup Tomato , diced
- 5 oz Ovengold® Roasted Breast of Turkey , diced
- Boar’s Head Parmigiano-Reggiano , to taste
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half into equal pieces.
2. Place squash into a steamer basket in a Dutch oven with water and cook on high to steam until tender (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
3. Using a fork, remove the squash strands from the shell; set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the garlic, basil, parsley and squash; toss lightly to coat.
6. Add the peas, tomatoes and turkey. Lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
How do you stay healthy? What are some of your go to meals? Have you tried Boar’s Head good for your heart deli meats?