In an effort to get my son and myself to eat more veggies, I recently made Zucchini Muffins. This is a great recipe that can be altered to change the fruit or veggie based on what you have on hand. I have used this for blueberry muffins as well; however, currently I am trying to get more veggies in my son’s diet.
He will have no idea they are in there is the hope! I tasted one and it is really tasty, similar to a plain muffin with a hint of flavor and zucchini of course.
I used My Fitness Pal to get the breakdown on this recipe. This is per 1 Muffin assuming you make a dozen with this recipes.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Begin by mixing the milk, egg, and vanilla then slowly stir in all remaining ingredients until mixed well.
- Spray the muffin pans with non stick cooking spray and add a tablespoonful of the batter to each. This recipe made 1 dozen muffins for us, it will depend on the size of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Enjoy this delicious morning treat or in my case all day treat!
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Kristi – The zucchini bread is in the oven…I enjoy reading your blog and love your style of writing…have recently started to try your GF recipes…this zucc muffins is the 2nd recipe I try…looking forward to more 🙂