In an effort to get my son and myself to eat more veggies, I recently made Zucchini Muffins. This is a great recipe that can be altered to change the fruit or veggie based on what you have on hand. I have used this for blueberry muffins as well; however, currently I am trying to get more veggies in my son’s diet.
He will have no idea they are in there is the hope! I tasted one and it is really tasty, similar to a plain muffin with a hint of flavor and zucchini of course.
I used My Fitness Pal to get the breakdown on this recipe. This is per 1 Muffin assuming you make a dozen with this recipes.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Begin by mixing the milk, egg, and vanilla then slowly stir in all remaining ingredients until mixed well.
- Spray the muffin pans with non stick cooking spray and add a tablespoonful of the batter to each. This recipe made 1 dozen muffins for us, it will depend on the size of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Enjoy this delicious morning treat or in my case all day treat!