As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I just recently started trying out recipes from In the Small Kitchen. This cookbook chronicles different events that one may be cooking for, such as dinner parties, date nights, Sunday brunch. It is perfect for both the parent just trying to get dinner on the table or the lover of cooking that enjoys hosting parties.
I decided to try out the Yogurt Carbonara, since my family enjoyed my carbonara recipe I thought I would tweak this a bit to mimic my own recipe. The main difference in this recipe is the sauce. The sauce is based in Greek Yogurt. This was my first time cooking with this, and I was impressed with the flavor and texture. I also added the peas and chicken simply because that is the best way for my picky eater to get more nutrition. These are not in the original recipe.
One thing to note is that in the book this recipe is made to serve 1; however, I needed it to serve 4, so I have changed the servings. This dish is also best served fresh, not reheated.
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast, Cooked and Cubed (Optional)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas, thawed (Optional)
- Begin by cooking the pasta as instructed in 1/2 Tsp salted water.
- While this is cooking mix together the yogurt, eggs, cheese, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and garlic salt. Next mix in the chicken and peas into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and return to the bowl, then add in the sauce and mix well. The heat of the pasta noodles will cook the eggs.
- Top this dish with a little black peppers and dinner is served!
Adapted From: In the Small Kitchen by Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine
**Giveaway is now Closed**
This dish gets even better because there is a chance for you to win the cookbook, In the Small Kitchen. It’s very simple to enter and even better I will be picking 2 winners!
1. Leave a comment letting me know why you would like to win the cookbook.
(Leave a separate comment letting me know you are a fan)
This giveaway will begin now and end on Thursday June 30th at 11:59pm CST. I will announce the winner on Friday.
This post is sponsored; however, all thoughts and opinions of the product are my own.