As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
During the week, I love to make breakfast! I am one of those that tries to avoid buying box breakfast foods, although sometimes it just happens. I have a hard time buying the boxed foods when I can make them myself with what I already have in the pantry. I always have flour and typically I can easily find something to add to waffles or pancakes and make them delicious!
That’s exactly what happened with these! I saved myself about $3 by making my own, plus I know what went into them which is also a bonus!
I decided to use some frozen berries that I had in our freezer for these waffles and then use my basic waffle recipe. These can be made gluten free or regular and they taste delicious!
I like to top ours with syrup, but you can even top them with a little whipped cream! Yummmmm! It’s like a fruity morning dessert!
What do you like to serve your waffles or pancakes with? I have heard many like them with peanut butter…I have never even tried that on pancakes or waffles before!
- 1 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Cups of Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, I use Better Batter.
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- Powdered Sugar, Optional
- I started by preheating the waffle iron. Then, I mixed the ingredients in order in a stand mixer, folding in the berries at the end.
- I poured a small amount of the mixture over the waffle iron until the green light comes on and the waffles are done.
- Simply follow the instructions with your waffle maker.
- Serve them sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, syrup, butter, or your favorite toppings!
- Makes 8
Happy Morning Breakfast Eating!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.