As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Guess what is coming up? Valentine’s Day! All those sweets and delicious treats all over again, right? This time, I am trying to make sure I enjoy a little treat on the ‘lighter’ side!
I recently spotted this recipe for Raspberry Chocolate Parfaits on Cooking Light. As soon as I saw it, I thought that it would make the perfect little dessert for Valentine’s Day dinner! It’s the perfect portion size and it just lets you save room for some chocolate covered strawberries too!
I decided to use a frozen mix of fruits instead of just raspberries to give it a wildberry flavor. Then, I served it up in mini mason jars. I absolutely love Vanilla Greek Yogurt especially when it’s frozen. It would even be great with a little light chocolate syrup drizzled on top too.
These only take a few quick minutes to whip up and dessert is served!
Our Valentine’s Day usually consist of a late dinner at home after the kids are in bed then dessert. I absolutely love it, no hassle and peaceful. Then, a game of Skip-Bo where I always beat my husband. Pretty perfect, right? I’m looking forward to it being on Friday night this year too!
Now are you ready for a treat?
- 1 12 oz Package of Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Vanilla Frozen Greek Yogurt
- 1 Oz Shaved Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1. Combine 1 package berries, sugar, and juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up berries. Place berry mixture in a medium bowl; cool 5 minutes in freezer.
- 2. Place 2 tablespoons yogurt in each of 4 glasses. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons raspberry mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate shavings. Repeat procedure with remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, 3/4 cup raspberry mixture, and 2 tablespoons chocolate.
Recipe Adapted from: Cooking Light
Disclosure: I am a blog partner with Cooking Light; however, this is not a compensated post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.