Over the course of my pregnancy it has become even more apparent that I am in love with Mexican foods. I crave enchiladas, tacos, salsa, and all things Mexican food all day long!
I decided it was time that we have some enchiladas again and this time to use Guacamole as a main ingredient in the enchiladas.
Not only did my husband nearly eat the entire pan, he also said that was the best meal he thought he ever had.
I think it was mainly the guacamole but also the enchilada sauce was on the spicy side. I am not a spicy foods fan, so I like things mild. He loves spicy though and was so happy to have a spicy Mexican dish!
Wholly Guacamole: it’s a whole lot more than dip. Vote for my Wholly Guacamole Recipe below and I could win one of three fantastic prizes! Click here for more fun and easy Wholly Guacamole recipes!
Wholly Guacamole Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breast Cooked and Shredded (About 2 Cups)
- 1 Regular Size Can of Rotel with Green Chilies Drained
- 4 Green Onions Diced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 2 6 oz Packets of Organic Wholly Guacamole
- 12 6 inch Corn Tortillas
- 2 Cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Red Enchilada Sauce Canned or Homemade
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- At this point the chicken should be cooked and shredded. Add the chicken to a bowl and mix in the Rotel, Onions, Cilantro, and Guacamole. Be sure this is coated well.
- Next using a small skillet warm up the corn tortillas for 2-3 minutes to make them more pliable to use.
- Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture, then fold them and place seam side down on a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Once you have repeated this for the remaining tortillas, pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the dish and then sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.