Many of us have seen the ideas for Peppermint Popcorn Bark floating around in Pinterest land, one of my favorites is found on Plain Chicken. I saw someone make this quite a while ago and knew that I would be using it for gifts this year. I decided to make it and box it up for the teacher’s at my son’s preschool.
It is extremely easy to make which makes it great if you have older kids as well because they can help!
Many recipes call for Peppermint Oil; however, I thought the peppermint candy canes would be enough flavoring which they were for me. So, I was happy that I did not add any additional peppermint oil; however, if you want a stronger flavor by all means add away!
Let’s get on to this delicious recipe!
Enjoy this delicious holiday treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Bark
- 3 Microwaveable Bags of Popcorn Cooked
- 6 Peppermint Candy Canes
- 2 Boxes of Baker's White Chocolate
- Wax Paper
- Begin by cooking the popcorn according to the instructions on the bags. Make sure you remove any additional seeds that did not get cooked.
- Lay pieces of wax paper on a large cookie sheet, you may need more than one.
- Place one level of popcorn on each cookie sheet, be sure it's not on top of each other so that it all gets coated well.
- In a food processor chop up the candy canes. I use a Magic Bullet for mine which makes them a peppermint powder.
- Now, evenly distribute the peppermint powder on top of all the popcorn. At this point I just use a spoon and sprinkle it on top of the popcorn.
- Next, heat the white chocolate according to the package and then drizzle it on top of the peppermint coated popcorn.
- Place the cookie sheets in the fridge for several hours to harden. Then, just break it apart and serve.