White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Biscotti is the perfect addition to your morning coffee.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Pompeian; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own as well as the recipe.
One of my favorite gifts to give this time of year is biscotti in a Jar. Do you love a little biscotti with your coffee? It’s like an early morning treat or sometimes an evening treat.
This White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti is my go-to biscotti, but this year I decided to take it up a bit. I decided to dip it in white chocolate then coat it with toasted pecans. Can we say delicious?
Now, just remember when toasting the pecans be sure to keep an eye on them because within minutes they will be nice and toasty. Trust me, I learned my lesson, let’s just say my first batch went from toasted to crispy and burnt in all of a split second. I always seem to get distracted when I am doing things that only take a few minutes, it never fails. The second I walk away, I regret it later!
As I was making this, I decided to experiment a bit and made it with less butter and replaced it with a bit of olive oil. It gave the biscotti a distinct delicious taste without being overpowering. I went with Pomepian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and it was perfect!
Right now, you can head over to the Pompeian Facebook Page and print out your own customized labels for the Extra Virgin Olive Oil bottles. How cool is that? That would be a wonderful gift to add to a personalize basket of food products.
I love to package these in a mason jar or a nice tin then give it as a gift during the holidays. I use this idea a lot for teacher gifts and pair it either with a bag of coffee and a new mug or a giftcard to a local coffee shop. I just think, you can’t go wrong with coffee…of course that is assuming you like coffee! I live in a world where everyone loves coffee, or at least I do.
When you dip the pecan coated biscotti in the coffee, it adds such a tasty flavor to it. I’m ready for some now, are you?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Biscotti
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour or GF All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 2 Tbsp Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 Cup Pecans Toasted
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Next combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, butter, olive oil, vanilla, and eggs. Mix this well.
- Then, fold in the cranberries.
- At this point on a greased baking dish, I make 2 logs out of the dough. These can be about 8" long x 4" wide, or the size you prefer. I also flatten them down a bit; however, they do not rise much so be sure and keep that in mind.
- Bake these for 30 minutes, until the dough sets.
- Remove from oven and using knife, cut diagonally. At this point, you simply want to make the impression. You do not need to separate them entirely, but this makes it easier to cut them when they are completely done.
- Once you have done this, place back in the oven at 275* for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and use a knife to separate them.
- If you have not already, toast the pecans with a butter in a small skillet on medium heat. This takes just about 2-3 minutes.
- Warm up the almond bark per the instructions, then dip each biscotti in the bark and coat with the toasted pecans. Place them on parchment paper or wax paper until they are cooled and hardened.