Most of you know, I’m a fall addict! I love the crisp air, I love the sweaters, the food…just about everything about fall, I love. This past week I ventured out to Walmart and what did I find? White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s! Then, the wheels started churning and I just knew that those were going to be fabulous in a big batch of cakey blondies! Was I right?
A few things I love about these blondies is that the White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s are so rich that really you can only eat a few, so one blondie is enough. It will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth. Why is this so great? I could eat a whole pan of blondies, so knowing that I will be satisfied with just one…that’s a win! Of course, I did not mention how long you would be satisfied with just one, so good luck resisting throughout the day!
Fall also reminds me of apples, lots of apples including apple cider. While I was at Walmart, I picked up the ingredients for apple cider using the Mott’s Apple Cider recipe. I knew that I needed to add a little liquid to my blondies to make them more cakey and less cookie, what could be better than apple cider? Nothing, friends.
The recipe is simple and it makes several! I filled the batter in a 9×13 pan and then baked them up and cut them into smaller squares. These are perfect for fall parties!
I adapted a Taste of Home recipe to create my blondies, using their recipe as a base then adding to it. I did find that it is easily adaptable to make gluten free using the gluten free all purpose flour. Be certain though that you do check the labels before using the M&M’s, I did notice that it does say on the label now that it “may contain wheat ingredients.” I do fine eating them; however, I know many especially with celiacs would not, so if you cannot simply switch out the M&M’s with a fall candy you enjoy.
Along with these, I made the Mott’s Apple Cider recipe and used 1/2 a cup to mix into these blondies to give them a cake like texture. It makes them perfect in my opinion!
I added a few cinnamon sticks in my cider and then paired it with a blondie. Can we say fall is in the air? It was at my house, now if only the heat outside would get the hint!
Just sit back and imagine it’s cool and crisp outside sipping on some Apple Cider and enjoying a White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s Blondie! Now, maybe if we all do that it’ll be here!
Did I mention I’m a corners girl? I like to always eat the corners. That’s your odd fact of the day about me!
Now are you ready for a batch? or two?
Now are you ready for fall as much as I am? Be sure to follow along on Twitter for more delicious ideas at #HarvestFun!
Happy Fall Baking! (…and yes, I know we are still in summer! This is what I call wishful thinking!)
Be sure and print a coupon for M&M’s and Mott’s before you shop!
White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s Blondies
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mott's Apple Cider Cooled
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's
- Mott's Apple Cider Recipe:
- 1/2 Gallon Mott's Apple Juice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Orange Peel Cut into Strips
- 1/2 Lemon Peel Cut into Strips
To make Apple Cider:
- 1. Pour the juice into a large pot (can also use crock pot).
- 2. Place all spices and peels into a cheesecloth.
- 3. Drop cheesecloth into the juice.
- 4. Let this heat up until a rolling boil, or in a crock pot letting it heat on low for 2 hours.
- 5. Remove cheesecloth and serve the cider.
To make the White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's Blondies:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2. In a bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl combine the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix it until well combined.
- 3. Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and cooled cider, continue mixing until batter is formed.
- 4. Fold in the M&M's.
- 5. Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake these for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6. Let them cool then cut into squares.
- 7. Serve with a warm cup of cider.
- This makes approximately 2-3 dozen, depending on cut size.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
These look delicious!!! I’m also SO jealous that you found the white chocolate fall m&ms!! I’ve been looking everywhere here in Texas for them and haven’t found them! Lol.
I like the corners, too! Especially brownies and lasagna. I actually make both in special pans now just so I have more corners!