Last year, I made these fabulous White Chocolate Candy Cane Kisses Cookies! These were loved by all my family, so I knew I wanted to make them again this year; however, this time I wanted to try and cut down on the sugar.
So, what better way to do that then to try out Truvia® Baking Blend in place of the White Sugar in the recipe. This was a simple switch of sugars that made these cookies just as delicious! My husband gave his seal of approval indicating that they were good enough for him to eat them all in one setting should that be necessary!
As I mentioned last year, these have a great balance of crunchy and chewy, plus when served warm the kisses are so soft they melt in your mouth!
I think Santa probably could use less sugar, so the Truvia® Baking Blend worked perfectly for that! I simply used the conversion chart to figure out how much to add to this recipe. Essentially, you just want to add 1/2 of the normal amount of sugar.
Here are a few important facts about Truvia® Baking Blend:
- Truvia® natural sweetener and sugar.
- Truvia® Baking Blend provides sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar.
- Baked goods made with Truvia® Baking Blend will have sugar-like texture and moistness and will bake and brown like recipes that are made with sugar.
- One 1.5 pound bag of Truvia® Baking Blend has equivalent sweetness to 3 pounds of sugar, which is approximately 7 cups – enough to make 13 pies, 9 batches of cookies or 6 batches of brownies.
- Truvia® Baking Blend is available at retail stores nationwide in a 1.5 pound bag with a closeable, easy-to-use pour spout.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Kisses Cookies with Truvia®
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/4 Cup + 1/8 Cup Truvia® Baking Blend
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 36 Unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses
- Start by placing the butter in a large mixer and creaming it then adding in the Truvia® Baking Blend. Continue beating then add in the egg and vanilla.
- Next add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and fold in the chocolate chips. Continue blending until dough is formed.
- At this point, I chill the dough for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, roll pieces of dough into teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart. In each ball add a thumb print, which is where the kiss will go after baking.
- Bake these at 375* for 10 minutes or until just about fully set. Let them cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack and then place a kiss in the middle of each cookie. You can let them cool just a little bit longer to avoid melting; however, I happened to like a few of them melted nice and gooey!
- Makes 3 Dozen
Are you ready to start making these delicious cookies? If so, then enter to win this great giveaway for a $25 Gift Card to a Grocery Store of your choice!
1. Leave a comment on this blog post stating what Holiday cookie/dessert you are most excited to try re-creating using Truvia® Baking Blend.
Note: IZEA will choose a winner on 12/17.
Now head on over and Visit the Truvia® website for more tips and information on Truvia® Baking Blend!