This looks amazing, right?
I ask my husband the other night, what should we have for dinner? Yes, I had a plan, but I got off my plan somehow and we were at the end of our groceries for the week.
What did we have?
A few eggs, a pack of bacon, and half a bag of hash browns.
I mentioned to my husband that I saw this fun way to cook hash browns in the waffle iron back on Facebook a long time ago.
Then, he said…”but what about a Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich?”
All you do for this is take a few hash browns or shredded potatoes (either from the bag or homemade) and add them to a greased waffle iron. Use enough to cover the iron. I let these cook about 10 minutes longer than the actual ‘green’ light on the iron that indicates they are done. I wanted mine nice and brown.
Next, we made some bacon and eggs then built our sandwich. We used 2 hash browns from the waffle maker for the top and bottom then the inside had an egg and bacon. Fabulous? It was.
Even better than how fabulous this sandwich is…it’s also gluten free! Woot! No fancy, specialty bread is needed simply a bag of hash browns and your life will be complete. Or maybe just a full tummy.
Now are you ready to treat your kids to this breakfast beauty? Go!
This has been linked up to Make Bake Create!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich
- 1 Bag of Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 Pound of Bacon
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- You can adjust amounts to make as many as you want.
- Using a waffle maker, begin by spraying it with non stick cooking spray.
- Then, place about 1/2 a cup of hash browns in each side of the waffle maker. You will want to use enough to cover the plates.
- Next, shut the lid and let it cook through 1-2 cycles of your waffle maker until it's slightly browned and crispy.
- While these are cooking using a griddle or skillet, begin cooking your bacon per the package instructions and set aside.
- Next, crack and egg in the skillet or on the griddle and cook until the whites of the egg start to bubble and it's thoroughly cooked through.
- Once you have the hash browns, bacon, and eggs cooked build your sandwich.
- We start with the hash brown and then top with bacon and eggs!