Thanksgiving is just about two weeks away! Can you believe it?
Have you started your planning yet? If not, then we are here to help! I have teamed up with a few bloggers to host a Virtual Thanksgiving Dinner Party! We are each sharing a few of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes from the beloved turkey to drinks and desserts, we have it here for you.
I’m not sure about you but I’m already drooling over the turkey!
I am re-sharing my Pumpkin Pie Cake for this delicious dinner party!
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 30 oz Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Eggs
- 12 oz Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts Optional
- 2 Containers of Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting 12oz Each
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, and spices to a stand mixer, mixing well. Next, mix in the cake mix and butter. If you choose to use nuts, mix those in at this point as well.
- Pour the mix into 2 9inch round cake pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, let them cool completely.
- Carefully remove and release them from the pan, once they are fully cooled.
- When cooled, add a thin layer of frosting on top of one cake, then place the other cake on top of the icing making a 2 layer cake.
- Use a Wilton 1M tip and decorators bag to frost the cake, filling the bag with the Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting. I would advise frosting just the top portion otherwise it makes it too sweet.
- Serve immediately or serve chilled.
Are you ready to check out this wonderful dinner?
Join along and plan your meal with us!
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast from Pocket Change Gourmet
Bacon Croissant Stuffing from Crumbs and Chaos
Sweet Potato Casserole in the Crock Pot from Wholesome Mommy
Pumpkin Pie Cake from Mommy Hates Cooking
Cranberry Apple Spritzer from Hoosier Homemade
Happy Thanksgiving Dinner Planning!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.