As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
One thing I could eat every day is pasta salad! I just LOVE pasta! That was one of my biggest worries when I went gluten free…what about the pasta?
Luckily, I found some brands I love and am still able to enjoy most of my favorite pastas. One night, I decide to make some pasta salad to serve with our dinner we had that evening. The only thing was I told myself that night I was not going to mess with writing down a recipe or taking pictures of food.
See…when you are a food blogger, dinner time becomes your work time too. I have to be taking notes about the recipe while making it for dinner then before my family eats, it goes through its own personal photo session. My husband and son have learned the routine now and they know they can’t eat it until its been photographed. They know where I’m going to sit, what I’ll be doing and not to bother mommy when she’s trying to get the pictures.
Another thing they have learned is never to eat anything new in the fridge unless they have ask first since it could be part of my ‘work’. That’s just a glimpse into the life of a food blogger. In saying that, on this particular night I told myself I wanted a break. I just wanted to make something random and then eat it without having to take pictures of it.
I fell in love with the random pasta salad that I made and then prayed that I could remember what I did to remake it!
That figures right?
I ended up remaking one as best I could, it’s delicious! The great thing about this is you can add the veggies you have on hand, plus you can add chunks of cheese or meat to it as well. This would also be perfect for summer with fresh veggies from the garden!
- 1 Lb Spiral Pasta, Cooked and Drained (I use Tinkyada for Gluten Free.)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Can Whole Olives
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- Optional: Meat and Cheese
- Be sure your pasta is prepared and set aside.
- Next, heat up the oil, dressing, and lemon juice in a large skillet. Add in the spinach and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes until it's nicely wilted. Add in the remaining ingredients. Then pour in the pasta and toss to coat with the dressing and veggies.
- This can be served immediately or chilled in the fridge for 2 hours for a cold pasta salad.
- Note: This can also be made with various types of meat and cheese chunks.
Shared on Make Bake Create!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.