Vanilla Chai Tea Cookies are a delicious treat with some tea.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
Long ago, back when I worked at a local coffee shop, I was introduced to chai tea. From that point on I’ve had an ongoing love affair with Chai Tea. Sometimes, I feel like I’m cheating on coffee with tea. Ever have that happen?
I can’t help it though, Chai Tea is just absolutely amazing especially during the holidays for baking. This past week, I was craving a delicious cookie to pair alongside tea and use tea within the cookies too. One thing I enjoy about these cookies is that they are great for gift giving.
A cute gift idea would be a tin full of this cookies paired alongside a box of the Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea! I may in fact be using this gift idea, so hopefully those that I plan to give them to will not be reading this. Whoops!
I adapted my Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies recipe to make these Chai Tea cookies, simply replacing the liquid for brewed Vanilla Chai Tea. I cut them out using a round cookie cutter, then I used a powdered sugar glaze for the topping and sprinkled cinnamon.
The Vanilla Chai gives a very subtle flavor to the sugar cookies without being overpowering.
Did you know that Bigelow Tea is All American? That gives me even more reason to love it! I am actually very much Bigelow loyal when it comes to warm tea. My pantry is full of it. My favorites include both the Vanilla Chai and Green Tea. They even send tea overseas to support the troops and provide tea for them as well!
Time to start baking!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Vanilla Chai Tea Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Brewed
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- Ground Cinnamon
- Begin by creaming the butter, adding in the sugars, eggs, tea, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the Oven to 350*.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut the round shapes. Place them on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then remove from oven and let cool before moving to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- While the cookies are cooling combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread a little bit of the glaze on each cookie and add a dash of cinnamon.