As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
One of my all time favorite ways to make cookies is with cake mix. It’s simple and the variety of ways to make them is basically endless! I made these Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies a while back, and this year I thought I would make Red Velvet Cake Cookies for Valentine’s Day.
This time I used the full amount of oil and all the works with these. They would be the perfect treat for work or to take to your child’s school for Valentine’s Day.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Container of Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- Sprinkles, Optional
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the cake ingredients until the dough forms. It will be a bit more oily than typical cookie dough.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Bake Easy or use parchment, and drop the dough in about a tablespoon size, 2 inches apart.
- This recipe made 2 dozen for us. These will bake 10-12 minutes, then remove and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip together the cream cheese and vanilla frosting until it is blended.
- Top each cookie with a little bit of frosting and sprinkles.