As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
It’s time to enjoy some fall produce the right way with this Turkey & Veggie Sauté.
Lately, my husband and I have done a bit of an overhaul over our dinner recipes introducing a lot of fresh veggies into our meals. Now, I will say our kids have been on the fence with all these veggies on their plate, but they are starting to warm up to trying new things. We’ve found my daughter LOVES green veggies, absolutely loves them.
She will gladly eat Kale, Broccoli, and Okra, but frowns on Sweet Potatoes and is a bit on the fence with Butternut Squash. My husband, son, and I though are loving the Butternut Squash and we’ve been eating A LOT of it lately! This past week though I decided to make this Turkey & Veggie Sauté with fresh veggies and ground turkey. What can I say, it’s good for you and that is exactly what we need. It’s also so easy to make in a rush and let’s face it, life is busy sometimes. In our case it seems to be all the time!
I easily cleaned off my veggies like the Kale, then I was able to whip up this tasty dish for dinner. My husband gave me the ‘vegetables, again?’ look, but then he was quickly impressed with just how delicious this dish was. I used some fresh garlic and rosemary to add a little flavor paired with veggies, it was the perfect match!
This is a simple healthy meal that can easily be done any night of the week. I especially love it with fresh garden produce but you can always grab it all at the store as well.
It’s great to mix some spices into as well or anything really you like maybe even some extra veggies like tomato or peppers?
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 4 Cups Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 1 Bunch Kale, Cut into Small Pieces
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion, Diced
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground turkey and drain.
- In a cast-iron skillet, add in the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic, warm it up.
- Add in the squash, kale, zucchini, and onion.
- Let this simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the ground turkey.
- Mix to combine with the veggies and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.