As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Turkey Pot Pies in a Jar can be made with leftover turkey to make for a quick and easy meal!
It’s almost here, Thanksgiving! Are you busy prepping for the big day? I am about to head into my kitchen and get going on cooking. I have a lot of dishes to prepare before my family arrives tomorrow. Along with all the preparation, I know that no matter what we will always end up with lots of leftover turkey.
Do you have that same issue? I wouldn’t call it an issue I guess because I like to use it in other meals like these delicious Turkey Pot Pies in a Jar! I honestly look forward to the day after Thanksgiving even more than the day of and not because of the crazy shopping but the leftover turkey for this recipe. It’s one of my favorites!
These Turkey Pot Pies use simple ingredients that are easy to make. I love making these for my family and they enjoy eating them. I’m certain yours will too! Be sure to also check out these Chicken Pot Pies in a Jar too.
I decided to make these adapting my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. What I LOVE about this recipe, is that since it’s in the jar, you can use either gluten free or gluten filled pie crust. I make the filling of the pot pie gluten free, but I am able to use gluten filled crust for my husband. He loves this because although I’m gluten free, he isn’t. He enjoys having a little gluten once in a while. This way, I can still eat my own too without a lot of extra work!
Now, as you get ready for Thanksgiving, be sure to save this recipe for Turkey Pot Pies in a Jar for your Friday night dinner!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Cups Cooked and Shredded Turkey Breast
- 2 Cups Turkey Broth
- 2/3 Cup of Cream
- 1/3 Cup of Regular All Purpose Flour
- 1 16 oz Bag of Mixed Vegetables
- ¼ Cup Diced Onion
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Thyme
- ¼ Tsp Rosemary Leaves
- 1 Refrigerated Container Regular Pastry Dough
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a large stockpot, add in the butter, then the turkey breast, broth and cream. Bring this up to a boil.
- Whisk in the flour, lowering the heat.
- Add in the mixed veggies and onion; let it heat through about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in the Thyme and Rosemary.
- Pour mixture evenly into 4 wide mouth pint sized jars.
- Place each jar inside a baking dish to easily be able to remove them from the oven.
- Unroll the pie dough, then use the lid of the jar to cut out the shape. Remove the round shaped dough and carefully seal onto the jar, continue for each jar.
- Mix together the egg and water to make an egg wash then carefully spread it over the crust.
- Sprinkle additional rosemary if desired and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until browned on top.