My husband and I differ on a few things, one of which is Tuna. Although, fish in general is not my favorite thing, I really love tuna! My husband on the other hand wants nothing to do with it!
So, I typically will make tuna and put it in a container in the fridge so that I can use it throughout the week for lunch. I’m going to share my recipe today for tuna salad. I served it about on a fold it traditional white sandwich, with spinach leaves, shaved swiss cheese, and Roma tomatoes. Of course, I sprinkled a little dill on top too!
Let’s get on to the tuna salad!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 6 oz Cans Chunk Light Tuna Drained
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Light Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- In a medium size bowl, pour in the tuna, relish, onion, and celery.
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, sour cream, mayo, and dill weed. Mix this until well combined. This mixture makes 1 cup, I typically use 1/2 Cup for this tuna salad and save the rest for sandwiches during the week as a dressing.
- Take 1/2 Cup of the yogurt mixture and mix it into the tuna. Continue mixing until well combined. Serve as sandwich, salad, or wrap!
- If gluten free serve on gluten free bread or corn tortillas.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
David, Wild Planet Foods says
YUM! Thanks for posting the recipe:) This would go great with our sustainable albacore tuna. It comes in a BPA-Free can, and because Wild Planet Foods only sources smaller fish from the North Pacific, they have less than half the mercury compared to the top three brands. We look forward to reading more recipes!