My husband and I differ on a few things, one of which is Tuna. Although, fish in general is not my favorite thing, I really love tuna! My husband on the other hand wants nothing to do with it!
So, I typically will make tuna and put it in a container in the fridge so that I can use it throughout the week for lunch. I’m going to share my recipe today for tuna salad. I served it about on a fold it traditional white sandwich, with spinach leaves, shaved swiss cheese, and Roma tomatoes. Of course, I sprinkled a little dill on top too!
Let’s get on to the tuna salad!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 6 oz Cans Chunk Light Tuna Drained
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Light Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- In a medium size bowl, pour in the tuna, relish, onion, and celery.
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, sour cream, mayo, and dill weed. Mix this until well combined. This mixture makes 1 cup, I typically use 1/2 Cup for this tuna salad and save the rest for sandwiches during the week as a dressing.
- Take 1/2 Cup of the yogurt mixture and mix it into the tuna. Continue mixing until well combined. Serve as sandwich, salad, or wrap!
- If gluten free serve on gluten free bread or corn tortillas.