Many of you know that I am a contributor on Money Saving Queen. Each week she will take the latest coupons and match them with recipes that I send her. This is just one wonderful tool that she provides to save on groceries. Today, she is sharing with us her Top 5 Ways to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half.
Top 5 Ways to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half
Everyone is searching for the best way to save especially with rising gas prices and pay cuts. Did you know by learning the strategy of couponing, you can literally cut your grocery bill by 50% or more? It’s easy and it does not take hours and hours of work. Here are my top 5 ways to cut your grocery bill in half:
1. Get Coupons: Companies send out billions of dollars in coupons every single year, you just have to find them. Pick up your Sunday newspaper, visit MoneySavingQueen.com and print coupons online. You can also log onto your favorite manufacturers website and sign up for newsletters full of coupons. One of my favorite ways to get coupons for products I actually use is to call the company directly. Let them know you appreciate them and are looking for a way to save money.
2. Timing: It’s all about timing. Rather than rushing out the day you find the coupons to grab the products, wait for them to go on sale and then use your coupon. Combining a coupon with a sale will always land you the best price.
3. Shop Around: Don’t assume the store you shop at every week is the best store for deals, even if they tell you it is. Remember, every store wants you to shop there, and they will pull out their best marketing tactics to get you in the door. Did you know many stores double or even triple coupons? Many stores now offer store coupons as well. Do your research and find out the coupon policies of the stores in your area.
4. Stockpile: When you get your items for the lowest price possible-maybe even free-that is the time to stock up! That doesn’t mean you have to purchase enough for the next 10 years, simply stock up until it goes on sale again. This also means you will need to have multiple sets of coupons, so pick up an extra paper or visit MoneySavingQueen.com and learn how to purchase coupons online.
5. Organize: Take time each week to organize your coupons and sales ads, and plan your trip. In less than one hour a week, you may save $100 or more! Plan your menu each week around coupons, sales and your stockpile.
Saving money is easy-especially when you shop smart! Taking the time to gather coupons, plan your trip for the right time, and shop at the right store will save you hundreds of dollars a month! And it doesn’t take you away from your family. Get the kids on board with savings too, you will find smart shopping is an exciting way to keep your money in your pocket!
You can find Sarah Roe, Money Saving Queen, on MoneySavingQueen.com. MoneySavingQueen.com offers daily hot deals, coupon matchups to area stores, money saving forums and much more. Sarah Roe is also the author of The Power of Coupons: 13 Ways to Save.
Leave A Reply!