As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This past weekend, we went on a little mini-getaway to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri. I thoughts I’d share a few highlights from our trip, plus things to do at Silver Dollar City.
This is also NOT a sponsored post, simply my own opinions.
This past year, I think we have tried to get to Silver Dollar City at least 5 times and it never happened, work, sickness, or weather-related events ended up canceling our trip.
We finally made it last weekend and guess what? It RAINED, like Noah’s Ark style rain the entire time. We decided to just go anyway because we had already tried so many times. It was actually not too bad but it was freezing cold! Then, the next day back to 70’s and sunny.
I will say there were no lines which was nice and almost all of the rides were still open. We also had a few breaks from the rain and cold watching shows and eating in an underground mine.
We decided this year to buy season passes so we can go throughout the year, it’s such a fun place to visit and for us it isn’t that far away either. Have you ever been?
I thought I’d share a few of our favorite things to do, but since we’ve only been a few times I’d love to hear yours too!
They have festivals all throughout the year and we went this past weekend during the Festival of Wonder, many of these items are only there during this festival.
Things to do at Silver Dollar City
- Earth Harp Collective – Be sure to stop in and watch the Earth Harp Collective, it’s the world’s largest harp and it’s actually very entertaining and our kids enjoyed it too. There is a full band but with creative ways to make music, plus beautiful singing too.
- Get Creative with the Food Choices – Be sure to try some Curious Kabobs or Nutella S’mores as you enjoy the Festival of Wonder. The kabobs are made with shark or alligator, that’s probably not your norm! Of course, I like to stick to the potato on a stick!
- Speed Painter – The speed painter show is another fun one to stop in and see just how fast a beautiful masterpiece can be made.
- Visit Fireman’s Landing – This fun area is centered around the old 1880 firehouses with a variety of rides and attractions. It’s like a community fair setup.
- Outlaw Run – This is one of the world’s most daring wooden roller coasters. I’ll admit I chickened out, our friends though went on it and they said it was quite scary! It’s perfect for those that love adventure!
- The Giant Barn Swing – My son decided to be daring and go on this barn swing. It made my stomach sink watching him go on this thing and hang basically 75 feet in the air. It is however a blast for kids and adults!
- The Grand Exposition – This is where we spent most of our time and it includes 10 family rides.
- Frisco Steam Train – This one is fun and even has an interruption with some robbers. We happened to meet a few robbers, they told us they got out on good behavior.
These are a few of our favorites from our trip. Have you gone to Branson?
I’d love to hear some of your favorites since we will be back more with our passes!