Thanksgiving Recipes with Country Crock
Are you planning your Thanksgiving menu yet this year? I am, plus I’m doing it on a lighter style this year. Since I’m pregnant I’m watching my diet, not only am I watching it to be healthy but also because I have gestational diabetes. Part of watching my diet is using a butter substitute. My favorite product to use and the one regularly purchased around our house is Country Crock.
I actually use Country Crock regularly and typically purchase the light version. I have found it brings the same great flavor and taste with less calories and fat to some of my favorite recipes!
The cholesterol benefit alone is reason enough for me to go with Country Crock over butter, plus you still get that same great home churned taste! It can be easily used in your favorite recipes along with on those fresh out of the oven dinner rolls at the Thanksgiving table!
I’m going to share with you a few of my recipes that I use Country Crock in the first one being these delicious Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes!
Oklahoma Style Stuffing
- 1 14 oz Bag Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 Cup Turkey Gravy Reserve the remaining gravy
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Country Crock Spread Melted
- 1 Green Pepper Diced
- 6 Scallions Diced
- 2 Cups Frozen Okra
- 1 .4 oz Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Cooked Turkey Optional
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl mix in the stuffing mix, turkey gravy, chicken broth, and Country Crock. Mix this well then add in the veggies and seasoning. If you are using turkey as well, then add this in at this point.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- I served this topped with additional turkey gravy.
What’s on your Thanksgiving menu this year? Do you normally use a butter substitute? If nothing else, I at least try to eat less calories for the main meal to save up for all those delicious pies!
Happy Thanksgiving Meal Planning!
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.