A delicious dinner the entire family will enjoy can be had with these Teriyaki Meatballs.
It never fails for my kids that if I make something that remotely resembles meatballs of meatloaf, they will eat it up! Wasn’t the joke in many shows growing up about how kids didn’t like mom’s meatloaf? Maybe I got it wrong?
My family loves it though, so I try to be sure to have it on the menu every few weeks, it also lasts for a few days so that’s an added perk. I decided to mix it up on them lately though and instead of my go-to tangy meatballs, I made Teriyaki Meatballs.
Of course, the concept is the same, but I used a homemade teriyaki sauce instead of the tangy sauce. I would typically pair this over rice and add veggies too, but of course, my kids are not rice eaters, so we did vegetables with it for them.
I decided to go with brown rice, remember I’m watching my diet, then I added in some green beans. I really enjoyed the flavor of these and it was a nice change from our typical tangy sauce. They would also be great in a stir fry vegetable dish too, I may be trying that soon as well.
Lately, dinner time has been a bit of a challenge, we have really changed the way we eat over the past few months and the kids have had to really adjust. The great thing though is it has expanded the foods they have tried.
They are both very picky eaters, but my son discovered he actually loves cauliflower and okra, while my daughter has discovered her love of ranch with veggies. At least there are veggies under that ranch, right? I’ll just tell myself that!
What types of meals do you serve that your family enjoys? Share them with us!
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats if GF use Certified GF Oats
- 1 12 oz Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 lbs Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatball ingredients in order, mixing well to form the meatballs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray, you may need 2 pans, then form the meatballs and place them in the pan.
- Cook on 400* for 30 minutes.
- While they are cooking, in a medium-sized saucepan, add in the soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugars, garlic, and ginger.
- Whisk well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and whisk in the cornstarch and additional water to thicken the sauce.
- Once well combined, remove from the heat.
- Carefully remove the meatballs from the oven, drain the pan or switch to another pan if needed, then, use a brush and glaze the meatballs with the sauce.
- Lower the heat on the oven to 350*, cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until well done.
- Remove and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
happy room says
This looks so delicious! I swear, they are the best kitchen tool ever!
So delicious! A new favorite meal.
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Glad you liked them!