Make dinner easy with Tara McConnell’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese plus Temp-Tations Ovenware.
To find my complete shopping trip and look through what I was browsing on the site, head over to my Google + album.
I spent a while browsing the QVC website to find the perfect set of Temp-Tation Ovenware. I landed on this beautiful green set, Temp-tations Old World Rustico, that will go perfectly in our kitchen when we update it.
We are planning to use creams and neutrals then accents in green.
My product arrived quickly and safely, next thing I needed to find a recipe to use them with.
Another benefit of the QVC website are the recipes by Tara McConnell. They are specifically written using this ovenware, so it is very simple to cook with it.
I decided to make Tara McConnell’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese to go with our pork chop dinner. The only thing I found to be a bit saddening was that the recipe said to use a 2qt dish and I only have 3 qt, so I went ahead and used the 3qt.
It seemed to work out just fine for us.
The recipe itself is very simple and uses basic ingredients. I did use Tinkyada gluten free pasta in my baked macaroni, it worked out just as well as the regular pasta.
It did take a while to bake, a little over an hour; however, it was very simple to prepare. I would say the prep time was just about 5 minutes or less.
Once it’s out of the oven and ready to serve, you can keep it in the ovenware and put it right on the table.
We set our table and used the smaller ovenware for our veggies. The macaroni paired perfectly with some honey glazed pork chops! My husband was eager to dig in after a long day at work.
Then, once dinner was over, clean up was simple because the set comes with lids as well! We popped a lid on the leftovers and put it in the fridge! Easy, just the way I like it!
Now, are you hungry for that baked Macaroni and Cheese yet? Here is the delicious recipe!
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese Original calls for 2 cups, I used 3 cups
- 8 Oz Uncooked Elbow Macaroni or Gluten Free Tinkyada Pasta
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Using a 2-3qt ovenware dish microwave the butter in the ovenware for 15-20 seconds or until completely melted. Let it spread around the dish to cover and grease it.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 3/4 cheese. Then, add in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour this evenly into the ovenware dish, cover it with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 375*.
- After 40 minutes, remove from oven and discard the foil, stir the macaroni and mix it, then add the remaining cheese. Place this back in the oven for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has slightly browned.
- Let it cool slightly before serving.
I hope you enjoy this delicious side dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions are my own.