Disclosure: I am writing this post on behalf of Blueprint Social & Disney; however, all thoughts & opinion are my own.
In light of Back to School week, we also need to celebrate making it through the week, right? A great way to celebrate is by enjoying a movie night with the family! One of my son’s favorites are the buddies movies with the puppies of course!
Did you know that Disney is releasing a new buddies movie? It’s packed full with action as the buddies take on the roles of super heroes for this Disney Super Buddies Movie! It’s heading to Disney DVD/BluRay on August 27th, which is perfect timing for a survived the first week Back to School Movie Night!
I have to say, my son is so into super heroes right now that I could not wait to watch this movie together! He absolutely loves pretending to be a super hero and ask me daily if I need his help. Then, he will fly around the house saying “I’m coming to the rescue.”
I love that the buddies movies are family friendly and clean. I have seen all of the buddies movies and love each of them. It’s always a nice treat when the kids movie is just so good that the adults enjoy it too!
Oh and did I mention that along with the movie there is $8 in movie cash to see Planes?! Yay!
What makes this movie even better? Adding some Super Puppy Chow Mix along with your family movie night!
Super Hero Rules:
- You don’t have to have super powers to be a super hero.
- A super hero must always conceal his identity to protect the ones they love.
- A super hero is a friend to any being in need of rescue.
- A super hero does good for good, not for glory.
As you talk about the Super Hero Rules with your child, this would be the perfect time to prepare your Super Puppy Chow Mix! It’s so easy to put together that even the kids can help!
The first step to making the Super Puppy Chow Mix is to make the Puppy Chow portion, which I have adapted from the Muddy Buddies recipe. I omitted the peanut butter in this recipe and then also cut the recipe down to fit the amount I needed.
Next, once you have the puppy chow made, it’s time to pop the popcorn! Simply pop your favorite type of popcorn then mix it in with the prepared puppy chow. At this point, you can also add in a bag of Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms. These are a must…trust me.
Lastly, all you do is mix up the puppy chow mix, then serve it up! I used a few paper rectangle bowls that I picked up online; however, you can also find a variety of these at your local craft store.
Then, it’s time for movie night and snacking time! I love the mix of sweet chocolate, lightly salted popcorn, and the crunch of the peanuts. All this goes perfectly for our Super Buddies Family Movie Night!
This must of been a funny part because he was pretty into it! I love spending family time together and one of our favorite ways is with a delicious treat and a movie! That’s what we plan to do tomorrow night too!
Did I mention my son started school today?! So, tomorrow night we will be celebrating our first week of Back to School even if it only was 2 days…we’ll be celebrating that mommy survived!
Happy Super Buddies Night!
Be sure to follow along on Twitter at #SuperBuddies, Facebook, and on Pinterest!
Super Puppy Chow Mix
- Puppy Chow:
- 3 Cups Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Bag of Popcorn Cooked (Popped)
- 1 Medium Size Bag of Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms
- 1. Begin by making the Puppy Chow. To do this, heat the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Then stir and heat an additional 30 seconds until it's melted. Be sure to be careful removing as it will be hot.
- 2. Place the cereal in a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate over it stirring it up and combining it well.
- 3. Place the chocolate covered cereal into a plastic sealed bag and toss with the powdered sugar, making sure that the cereal is well coated.
- 4. Place the coated cereal in a clean bowl along with the cooked popcorn and M&Ms. Stir to combine the mix and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
What’s up, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to get hottest updates, thus where can i do it please help out.
And then there are thosе times when writing takes a lot more
effօгt. 8 million and rob lives of ɑt least 76 peoρle and caused a
dozeո of others injureԀ. Iո the event you get only twenty to ten hits a
day, you only get one or two if not any at all.