This past week one of my fellow foodie bloggers, whom I recently had the privilege to meet has experienced great loss. Jennie, from In Jennie’s kitchen writes more on her post For Mikey.
As we honor both her and her husband, we are joining together and making the Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey. Find out more and join us by attending the event Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey on Facebook.
Tonight, I will be eating this pie with my husband and son and remembering Jennie and her children. My prayers go out to her that she will find peace and comfort in this time of heartache and despair. I pray she feels the love and the legacy that her husband has left for us all. Mikey and Jennie have taught us that we need to cherish the moments we have and remember that life can change in an instant.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 8 oz Package of Light Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup of Sunbutter
- 2 16 oz Containers of Light Cool Whip
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar Optional
- Caramel Sauce Chocolate Syrup, Shaved Chocolate (Optional)
- 1. Mix the Cream Cheese until Fluffy.
- 2. Add in the Sunbutter and continue mixing.
- 3. Use 3/4 Container of Cool Whip and mix this in.
- 4. If you are using sugar, add it in and keep mixing.
- 5. Once mixed well, spread into the pie shell evenly.
- 6. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- 7. Garnish with Shaved Chocolate, Caramel Sauce, and/or Chocolate Syrup.
- 8. Freeze for 3 or more hours.
- 9. Enjoy with your family.
- Note: I do not normally add confectioners sugar, I feel it still has the same great taste without it. The Sunbutter can be substituted for crunchy or creamy peanut butter as well.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
I used to make peanut butter pie all the time. I had several versions that I made, but I have not tried it since my daughter developed her tree nut, peanut allergy. I am glad to know that the sunbutter works well in the pie. My recipes are similar, so I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the idea. (And it is so sad about what happened. I can not even imagine what Jennie and her family are going through. We never know what tom. will bring. )
I agree life can change so quickly.
Yes, I’ve used sunbutter any time peanut butter is called for. So far, I’ve never had any problem with it.
Tricia McMillan says
Kristy- FIrst I want to thank you for taking the time to link up at the memoriam link-up. We sure are part of an amazing communnity! Second, I think I am your biggest fan! Seriously. I followed your blog long before I entered the blogging world! 🙂
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Thank you, that means a lot!! I’m so glad that you’ve been following for so long. I love your blog too, thanks for having the link up.