This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
Make Candy Filled Cupcakes for your next party!
Summer is in full swing around our area, are you enjoying your summer yet? Ours has officially kicked into full swing after having a little party this past weekend!
We were celebrating the start to summer, plus our son’s 6th birthday! It was the perfect way to get our summer into high gear with lots of outdoor water toys for the kids and good eats for the guests.
I stopped by Sam’s Club to get most of our food ingredients, that’s always a good place to go when feeding a crowd.
I love the selection of bulk products, plus I also picked up the XXL Bags of M&M’s® Peanut & M&M’s® Original, you can also pick up bags of M&M’s® Crispy too.
I knew that I wanted these to make Candy Filled Cupcakes, M&M’s® Marshmallow Treats, and to serve with our ice cream bar.
They worked out perfectly because I had plenty to use plus some to snack on later!
How to Create a Primary Colors Party
I decided to use lots of primary colors for our party decor including a red tablecloth and checkered placemat.
Then, I used my cake stand for the cupcakes and a variety of trays to place the other food items on.
My primary decoration for parties is almost always fresh flowers as it was for this party as well. Fresh flowers just bring such a wonderful element to any party table.
We setup a tray for toppings for our ice cream bar, then we had lots of fruit and veggies as well.
I mean we have to have a little balance, right? Who am I kidding? I ate cupcakes and ice cream!
How to make Candy Filled Cupcakes
The candy filled cupcakes were a huge hit, they are super simple to make too. All you do is bake the cupcakes as instructed on a box cake mix, then you will cut out a bit of the center and add the M&M’s®.
I topped ours with a delicious whipped cream and we enjoyed each and every bite.
It was a great way to start off summer, we had lots of fun and enjoyed the sun, water toys, and good eats!
How do you plan to party this summer? Share your ideas with us!
Candy Filled Cupcakes
- 1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix or Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- Oil Per Box Mix Instructions
- Eggs Per Box Mix Instructions
- Water Per Box Mix Instructions
- 1 Cup of M&M's® Original
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- Prepare the box cake mix with the additional ingredients as instructed on the box.
- Bake the cupcakes per the box mix instructions.
- Once they are completely cool, remove a small portion of the center of the cupcake with a knife or spoon.
- Add a little bit of M&M's® Original to each center portion.
- In a large stand mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip on high until the whipped cream is formed.
- Place this in a decorating bag with a Wilton 1M tip and ice the top of each of the cupcakes.
- Add additional M&M's® Original to the iced cupcakes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!