As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
The perfect cake to throw a little spice in your holiday is this Strawberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Cake. This is a sponsored post written on behalf of the The J.M. Smucker Company, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you like to experiment with new taste and fun desserts? This is definitely the one for you then, it will give your guests a little element of surprise with the mix of sweet and spicy. I was craving a tasty poke cake and decided this would pair well with the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey in the Strawberry Jalapeño flavor. I shared this with my family for Thanksgiving and it was the perfect addition, plus they all loved the combination of flavors.
I let my husband try a bite first and didn’t tell him what flavor I put in it, he devoured it, then he got that spicy taste and loved it even more. I’m not a huge fan of spice and I thought it was super tasty too. Of course, I also made this gluten-free with gluten-free cake mix. The topping was also a tasty addition with the mix of a whipped topping with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I thought it added a great sweet taste too that offset the heat from the fruit filling.
As you gather family and friends around during these holidays, this will certainly be a hit at your party and a fun one to let your guests guess what type of filling you used too! I doubt they will suspect that there is Strawberry Jalapeño inside this cake. I’m already planning to make this again for our Christmas gathering too. It’s a whole new group of friends and surely I can surprise them too. The great thing is this is perfect to use anytime throughout the year, the lemon zest addition is a great way to give it a spring feel too.
Right now, you can pick up your favorite Fruit & Honey flavors at your local store. We like to make this same cake with the Blueberry Lemon flavor as well. That is always an option too if you aren’t into spicy!
Are you ready for the holidays? Do you have a favorite dessert to bring to parties? I’d love to hear what your favorite dessert it!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Jar Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño
- 1 Carton Whipped Topping
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Mix together the cake mix, milk, cream cheese, and eggs.
- Spray a bundt pan and pour the mixture in evenly.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until when poked with toothpick in the deepest part it comes out clean.
- Remove and then let cool for at least an hour.
- Poke the cake around in a circle with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Fill up a plastic sandwich bag with the Fruit & Honey, cut the end off and pipe it into each hole in the cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 4 hours to fully cool and get cold.
- Remove from the fridge and carefully use a spatula to remove the cake from the edges of the pan, flip the pan over to remove the cake onto the plate you will want the cake on.
- When ready to frost the cake, mix together the whipped topping, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Frost the top of the cake and then add the lemon zest evenly.
- Slice and serve.