You know those days when you just really want a cake? A very big chocolate cake all to yourself?
Well, I had one of those days recently! I also had a carton of heavy whipping cream in my fridge and a whole lot of strawberries.
Then, I opened the pantry and the box of chocolate cake mix just jumped right off the shelf. No joke…it was speaking to me.
What could be better than chocolate cake, miles of whipped cream, and strawberries? Nothing, friends. Nothing. It did not matter if it was not the most beautiful cake, it was delicious.
So delicious that I stuck the cake in the fridge and left a fork in it. I grazed it for 2 days along with my husband and it was gone.
That is why I don’t bake cakes often or sweets…I can eat them. All by myself!
I learned something while I made this cake…you can never have enough whipped cream. Slather that cake with lots of whipped cream, you will have plenty so just keep on slathering…you’ll thank me later. Your waist line? It may not thank me, but you will. That’s what fitness blogs are for, and I’m a food blog. So, I can talk about slathering whipped cream!
Do you want a slice? Make some and I’ll come share it with you! I also shaved some dark chocolate to top it with too.
I’m not a cake decorator, remember? So, I cover up my whipped cream with beautiful red strawberries and shaved chocolate. That makes all things pretty friends.
This cake isn’t meant to be perfectly smoothed, it’s meant to be perfectly full of whipped cream, chocolate, and strawberries…then eaten!
Strawberry Chocolate Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix or Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Lb Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Bar Baker's Chocolate Shaved
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- Prepare the box mix cake as according to the package to make 2 round cakes.
- While these are baking, combine the whipped cream ingredients and then using a whisk and stand mixer whip these on high until well formed.
- Once the cakes are done, place one cake on the cake plate and then top with a heavy layer of whipping cream.
- Place the second cake on top of it where the smooth side is face up.
- Coat the entire cake with a heavy layer of whipped cream.
- Decorate with the strawberries in a design or pattern that you prefer.
- Then, sprinkle shaved chocolate over the entire cake.
Ready to share a slice?
I didn’t think so…enjoy that cake all buy yourself!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.