Just in time for Valentine’s Day, this Strawberry Angel Food Cake will win love from just about everyone. Of course, that is if you love strawberries. Minor detail…
As we get closer to Valentine’s Day, I get more and more anxious to start baking all things red and pink! Do you? This year, I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to bring you fun, creative food ideas each month. These ideas will be themed each month to bring you the best for the season. This first month, we are kicking it off with all things red and pink for Valentine’s Day.
I have been anxious to try out my Angel Food Cake with the addition of strawberries and finally I was able to! I made my classic angel food cake, then simply added in the strawberries. Once it was nice and baked, I topped it with red candy melts to give it a fun chocolate covered look to it. Of course a little bit of powdered sugar along with additional strawberries sealed the deal.
This cake barely lasted through a few pictures and then I had little fingers along with big ones too grabbing for a slice. I love it paired with a glass of chocolate milk, really I love it with hot chocolate, but you could do either.
The strawberries paired with the chocolate topping gave it a nice boost of flavor, just what I was looking for. Add a little bit of whipped cream on top for a slice of heavenly bliss!
Do you have any fun plans or traditions for Valentine’s Day? I typically surprise my kids with a breakfast that is Valentine’s Day themed, then of course they have lots of parties and fun at school too. Growing up, my dad ALWAYS bought my mom, sister, and I a Valentine’s Day card along with a box of chocolates. We always knew on Valentine’s Day morning our kitchen counter would be full of little special gifts from my dad. I still have most of the cards, he was always one to actually pick out perfect cards that matched each of us. He certainly took care of us.
I love that my husband now gets to do that with myself and our daughter, plus our son isn’t left out either. We love to treat them with little goodies for the day of love.
I’d love to hear how you celebrate! Share it with us, plus be sure to check out all of the creative foodie treats linked up!
- NoBake Raspberry Cheesecakes from Mom Endeavors
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip from See Vanessa Craft
- Hot Tamale Fudge from Strawberry Mommycakes
- Strawberry Angel Food Cake from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Yogurt Pops from Play Party Pin
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Pops from Happiness is Homemade
- Valentine’s Day Snack Mix from Two Twenty One
- Red Velvet Cheesecake from Spaceships and Laserbeams
- Loves Me Loves Me Not Valentine’s Cupcakes from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Valentines Chocolate Pretzel Bark from A Night Owl
- Chocolate Raspberry Macarons from Ashlee Marie
- Vanilla Raspberry Cake Roll from The Idea Room
Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/4 Cups Gluten Free or Regular All Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups White Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Egg Whites About a Dozen Eggs
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- Red Candy Melts
- Powdered Sugar
- Begin by sifting the flour, sugar, and salt in a large stand mixer.
- Add in the egg whites, cream of tarter, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Place the cake in a cold oven, then set to 325* and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Remove the cake once fully cooked, and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the Candy Melts per the package instructions and drizzle over the cake.
- Serve topped with additional powdered sugar and strawberries.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Andrew Hopkins says
Haha. Great recipe.
I will try to make it for my love.
I hope she will be supprised it..