As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I made the most delicious oatmeal the other day, and I think it is going to be my new craving during this pregnancy! Up until recently, I’ve always been an instant oatmeal girl mainly because before the last few years I truly hated cooking so making my own oatmeal was pretty much out of the question.
Now, the more I cook the more I notice things. For instance in Strawberries & Cream instant oatmeal, what’s really in it? It’s more of a powdered fruit dust then actual fruit! Then, I noticed that quick oats are just as easy to make and add extra to them. They are simple and can be made in the microwave if you are in a hurry or stove top.
This oatmeal proved to be a delicious morning breakfast!
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Nonfat Vanilla Creamer
- 1 1/2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats or Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Splenda
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- Begin by bringing the milk and creamer to a boil, then add in the oats and Splenda. Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes until it's mixed in and cooked well.
- Pour into a bowl, and mix in the sliced strawberries. At this point you can top the strawberries with additional Splenda as well.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.