I made the most delicious oatmeal the other day, and I think it is going to be my new craving during this pregnancy! Up until recently, I’ve always been an instant oatmeal girl mainly because before the last few years I truly hated cooking so making my own oatmeal was pretty much out of the question.
Now, the more I cook the more I notice things. For instance in Strawberries & Cream instant oatmeal, what’s really in it? It’s more of a powdered fruit dust then actual fruit! Then, I noticed that quick oats are just as easy to make and add extra to them. They are simple and can be made in the microwave if you are in a hurry or stove top.
This oatmeal proved to be a delicious morning breakfast!
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Nonfat Vanilla Creamer
- 1 1/2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats or Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Splenda
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- Begin by bringing the milk and creamer to a boil, then add in the oats and Splenda. Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes until it's mixed in and cooked well.
- Pour into a bowl, and mix in the sliced strawberries. At this point you can top the strawberries with additional Splenda as well.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
steroid cycles lean mass says
Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse
your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
I enjoy the information you present here and
can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised
at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome blog!