Make a delicious treat with Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes!
I have fallen in love with these Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes. I cannot even begin to tell you how delicious these cupcakes were. Yes, past tense…they did not last long!
I took a few over to my sister’s house shortly after making them, I think she breathed and inhaled them in. They were gone before anyone else even had a chance to try them!
I first mentioned Cool Whip Frosting when I made these Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes, this time I decided to try vanilla flavor with Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes. Just a note, they don’t make this frosting anymore so you can use Whipped Frosting.
How do you make Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes?
To make these cupcakes I did it as a two day process. I wanted to get a lot of juice from the strawberries, so about 24 hours before making the cupcakes, I sliced up the strawberries and sprinkled them with sugar then let them soak in the fridge.
The next day they were nice and juicy, not to mention tasty! It was hard not to eat them all before making it to the cupcakes.
After I prepared the cake mix, I simply added a few strawberries to each cupcake then I swirled it into the cupcake. This allowed for the strawberries to bake right in giving a nice bite and flavor of real strawberries to each delicious cupcake.
Finally, it was time to bake them. A few short minutes in the oven and cooling time then I was able to top them with the Frosting.
I prefer to use a Wilton 1 M tip when I frost cupcakes to give it a nice swirl! I frosted each cupcake then garnished with a few more strawberries.
The result? Amazing.
I gave in to the temptation and had to dig in! I am still blown away by how good these tasted, did I mention I made mine gluten free too? Yum!
Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes
- 1 Prepared Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Cups Sliced Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cartons Vanilla Cool Whip Frosting
- Cupcake Wrappers
- The day before you plan to make the cupcakes, slice the strawberries and put in a large bowl. Top the strawberries with sugar and let them soak in the fridge for 24 hours to allow them to get juicy.
- Next, begin by preparing the cake mix this will include preheating the oven per the instructions on the cake mix for cupcakes.
- Once the batter is ready, fill up each cupcake wrapper and place in the cupcake tin.
- Next top the batter with a few strawberries including the juice and swirl into the batter.
- Bake these according to the instructions on your cake mix for cupcakes.
- Let them completely cool. (Don't skip this step or your frosting will melt.)
- Prepare a decorator's bag with a 1M Wilton tip to frost the cupcakes. Garnish with additional strawberries.
- Note: The baking time may be a few additional minutes due to the strawberries adding liquid to the batter. To avoid melting, I store the frosting in the freezer until I am ready to use it then let it sit out for about 10-20 minutes to defrost then put in the decorator bag and frost the cupcakes. These are best served chilled, I typically store mine in the fridge to avoid the frosting melting.
- Makes 24 (varies depending on your cake mix)
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Patricia Cook says
Yum, these look so delicious, no wonder they didn’t last long!!! Great score on the price for the Cool Whip Frosting, I think I would have bought 20 tubs of it lol !!
Like those tasty pinwheels (and most of your yumminess) those look sooooo tasty!!!
Strawberries and cream are the perfect dessert. What a cute cupcake 🙂
Jenna M Wood says
I love how simple these are, and so delicious!
Andrea Kruse says
Yum! I can’t wait till our strawberries are in season here on the farm. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the fun.
They’re in the oven! Looking forward to a yummy dessert on a snowy night here in Delaware 🙂
They were awesome! A total hit! Thank you!!!
Woohoo!!! So glad to hear it!
Dawn Lopez says
These looks so yummy! We love strawberries, I love how you incorporated them into your cupcakes. I will definitely have to put this on my to-do list. Tried the Cool Whip Frosting, so GOOD!
Beeb Ashcroft says
These look so good! I love strawberries.
Kelsey Apley says
Love it.. I am gonna have to give this a try! I am a huge fan of the Cool Whip Frosting as well!! Cant’ get enough of it!
This article will assist the internet users for creating
new blog or even a weblog from start to end.