Seeing as it’s football season, I thought these Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings would be appropriate to share! My husband could eat the entire plate of these and many times has!
This is a very simple recipe that you can use your favorite BBQ Sauce with; however, I love to use my Homemade BBQ Sauce for these.
We usually stick to making about 20 but if you are having lots of people over, I definitely suggest making many more!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings
- 20 Chicken Wings Adjust amount based on how many you need
- 1/2 Cup Butter Divided into 1/4 Cup
- Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce Use gluten free if needed.
- 1/2 Cup Sage I used about 1 Tsp of dried Sage
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Tabasco
- 1 1/2 C Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- Begin by making the BBQ Sauce, simply combine all BBQ Sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir on medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Next, place a piece of foil on a large cooking area and place 1/4 cup butter on it, rub this around to help the chicken wings not stick.
- Then, pour a good amount of BBQ sauce over the wings. If you want you can also brush it on to the wings, if you do this be sure and pour 1-2 cups into a bowl so that you avoid cross contaminating your sauce.
- Next drop another 1/4 cup butter on top of the wings and wrap up the foil. The butter will melt as they cook.
- Grill these on 275* until well done. Be sure to turn them during the grilling process, we grill them 20 minutes on each side then opened up the foil at the end to get them a little more brown.
- They were tender and fell right off the bone!